Saturday 26 October 2013

EASY TO MAKE- LEMON RICE RECIPE

Are you sick of eating bread or simple curry and rice after your hard day at work? I was almost dead because of eating the old simple recipes, which kept changing its turn in my menu. Until, I found a palatable and easy to make lemon rice recipe to my rescue, which I eat once in 'a while'. when I am too lethargic to cook and when my taste bud demands something yummy and different J

Lemon rice is a popular south Indian cuisine, mostly eaten for lunch. What I like most about preparing this dish is that the ingredients are very easy on availability and it takes barely 10-8 minutes to prepare lemon rice.


Ingredients:

2 tbsp oil.
5-6 curry leaves.
Pinch of mustard seed.
Pinch of Turmeric powder (haldi)
Salt, as per taste.
 Lemon juice (cut 1 or 2 lemon) if you like tangy taste you can take 2 lemons.
Roasted or fried peanuts as per your taste
Cooked rice 250 Grams

METHOD:
STEP 1: Heat a non-stick pan and put oil. Add mustard seed, curry leaves, turmeric powder and salt and stir for about a minute. Now add lemon juice and stir for 30 seconds.


STEP 2: Now, add cooked rice, roasted peanuts in the frying pan and mix well.


Easy to make and tasty lemon rice is ready in no time. Serve hot with curry or curd mixed with onion. Well for me there is no hard -core rule: D.I, like to relax in my living room and savour the taste of lemon rice with a cup of freshly brewed hot coffee J

Hello friends, I hope you all will enjoy the taste of lemon rice. Please give me your feedback after preparing the recipe. You can even drop in your messages in my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ExploringMyLittleWorld91. For more such easy to make and yummy recipes click in the food section of my blog on the top of the heading section. Until than bye tk cr and “CELEBRATE BEING A FOODIE” J 







No comments:

Post a Comment